"There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction."
-Winston Churchill
"Life can either be accepted or changed. If it is not accepted, it must be changed. If it cannot be changed then it must be accepted."
-Unknown
Change is inevitable. It's constantly happening to us, around us, by us, next to us. Everything. Whether we're changing our classes for a new semester, changing from living alone to living with the family again, or changing from living in good ol Utah to living in Sydney Australia, change is always happening. And just like my good friend Winston Churchill said, I don't really mind change if I'm going in the right direction. Which I feel like I am, but really who knows. I guess I'll know in about a month right?
Change doesn't always affect everything, it's like the English language because it doesn't always make sense. I know that I'll always be friends with the great people I met at USU and I'll always be friends with the amazing bros that I roomed with. That will always stay the same no matter what happens. Even if I don't see someone for two years, and that will be a lot of you, I know that when I get back it'll be like I was never gone because we'll just jump right into it again. And I can't wait.
I'm so excited to see all the things that will change while I'm gone. I'll have friends get married, friends will be getting engaged, and when I get home I'll be freaked out. But, whatever's meant to happen will. It'll be interesting to see how many of my friends marry each other, or marry someone I know. It'll just be like one big web of friendship. And then I'll have my high school reunion and I'll see how much some of my fellow classmates have changed and that'll be interesting. Some will age well and I guarantee that some of them won't. But it'll still be fun to see. Technology will be advancing like crazy and then I'll have to retrain myself in the ways so that I don't seem like an old person. Zoe will help.
Speaking of Zoe, she'll be 17 when I get home. Well into the world of dating and dances. Just a disclaimer to all the boys that will date her: I already don't like you, so be ready for some serious harassment. I can't believe she'll be so old. I can't believe how old I'll be. It's crazy. Sawyer will be 9, I'll miss his baptism and a lot of sports games for that kid but he'll have plenty more! Who knows how old my parents will be, I'm hoping they don't change much.
And, when I get home I'm gonna try and go by Topher. That'll be weird. It'll be a whole new name for me. And I'll have a new cell phone number. Woah. Now things are just getting crazy.
But, all in all, I'm excited to see what this crazy world has in store for me. So, bring on the change!
Signing off,
Hayden
No comments:
Post a Comment