Why is it that nerds, dorks, and geeks all look up to these fictional heroes? And yes, I'm totally included into that nerd category. I'm not so sure on the other ones but I'm sure someone well correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway. We look up to these guys because they're who we want to be. The muscles, the powers, the humor, and of course the girls. A super hero is every boys dream.
What's the difference between Peter Parker and Spiderman? Spiderman gets the girl. Isn't that what it always comes down to? Being the one that's strong enough, fast enough, or big enough to beat out the competition and win over our woman. Sure it'd be nice to be able to fly, or shoot lasers, or turn into a giant green muscle mass, but the only way those things are worth it is if they win us a girl.
I'd love to be able to have that damsel in distress that I could always be saving, always be sweeping her off her feet in the best of ways but you know what my super power is? Emotions. When I get upset, I cry. Oh man, powerful!! No. Wussy. Oh, wait wait, how about the ability to "give great hugs?" Nah...I can't hug someone into jail.
Okay, so I don't have any of those special powers. Who cares? I'm my own super hero. Where's my Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy? When will I get to save my Lois Lane from pure destruction? Or how about my own super heroine? Like Jean Gray or Rouge? How about Catwoman? I don't know. She's out there somewhere and I know that someday I'm going to find her. I might not be a masked vigilante but I'll be her hero. And for that day I can't wait. Because it'll be super.
Signing off,
Hayden

No comments:
Post a Comment