Saturday, April 23, 2011

Come What May And Love It

There were two different things that I wanted to blog about today and as I started thinking about them I realized that they both lead to the same thing. It's being happy with what you've been given. It's taking those lemons and really turning them into the lemonade that makes us the people we truly are. Or, as my roommates like to say, "When life gives you lemons, just say eff the lemons and bail." Just because we've been given a bad string in our lives doesn't mean that we've gotta continue living with it. Just forget it and move on to the next things in your life.

We can't have the good without the bad. That's one thing that I've tried to focus on throughout my first year of college. Living alone, being responsible, and worse of all actually turning into a real adult. It sucks. I'm not embarrassed to say that I can't do it. I know I can't because I'm not mature and I'm not responsible. Growing up scares the hell out of me (25 cents to the swear jar, sorry Kandis). But with everything bad that comes along, something good is coming up right behind it. It's worth pushing through the bad to get through to the good. Some examples from my life: things don't go well with a certain girl (none in particular), the next day you meet someone new; get a bad grade on an assignment, on the test you really understand it because you've studied it up; have a super long, crappy week, party all weekend with great friends. The good is always out there. Always. It's whether or not we choose to focus on the good or the bad that decides who we are going to be. I want to be someone that focuses on the good, maybe even helps others to find that in their lives as well.

Life's good. It really is. As I begin to go out and become even more of an adult I've begun to realize that good things do come with responsibility and maturity. A girlfriend is definitely one of them, haha! Eventually, anyway. A mission's in the works and beginning to change me, I can feel it now. I'm so excited to be able to spread the gospel to the people of Australia and come back with an even better attitude on life. Who knows where my life will take me in that time and especially the time afterwards. But you know what? Come What May and Love It.

Signing off,
Hayden

3 comments:

  1. love the post hayden. amen brotha.. amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey!! my wall! I love your thoughts on that Hayden. Really. You will be such a great missionary. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did I not know you had a blog? I love this! you da you da best hayd!!

    ReplyDelete