Well, it doesn't matter how hard I've tried to avoid it, college is ending. Yeah, I'm super sad about it because I've made tons and tons of new friends up here but hey, I'll keep contact with the important ones and of that I'm 100% sure. Don't worry though, this isn't my post about all the sad times that will come with leaving college. No, this one is all about some of the crazy messed up things that we've done only because I'm determined to not have any regrets in my life. The sad college memories one will come later, when I've moved back home and have time to focus on my past, when I'm not having the time of my life in my last week.
Anyway, living with no regrets. Sounds difficult right? It definitely can be, but you've just gotta make sure that you take all the opportunities to do the things that you're comfortable with. I hate looking back on my life and thinking, "If only I would've talked to that girl", or, "If only I could've gone to that party". I don't say these things in my life anymore. I've moved on and now it's become, "Good think I talked to that girl", or "Man, that party was so freakin sick"! I love it. I really do.
Living my life with no regrets has led me to do some stuff that normally I wouldn't have done. I put my number on a sticky note and put it on a girl's bike, I've been skinny dipping (multiple times, and every time was a blast), I've met some of the coolest people ever, we has a sip hop with the Big City Boys (we'd never met these kids before but man that night was sick, I'll blog about that later), I've skipped numerous classes just to make sure that I'm having the best Freshman year that is physically possible, I've washed my car at 11 at night just because it was dirty and I felt like it should be clean, and I've been to McD's so many times late at night that I swear they should know my name, and these are just the beginnings. I will admit that I have one small regret though, only one. It's just this: I wish that I would've had the guts to sit by a cute girl earlier in the semester because I would've have more of a chance to get to know her. That would've been quite nice actually. She's cute. Super cute actually.
As I've traveled through my life I feel like I have gained a ton of knowledge, even though my parents would beg to differ but who cares, this is my blog not theirs. I know that deep down inside I really don't know that much and I've got so much more knowledge headed my way and I'm stoked for it. So just remember, next time you're debating on if you really want to go to a party, talk to that cute girl/boy, or just do something out of the ordinary or extraordinary. Do it. You won't regret it. Live your life with no regrets.
Signing off,
Hayden
you've inspired me hayden :) tonight.. something is going to go down with you know who from upstairs. i don't want to live with the "what-ifs" if i don't try! loove you!
ReplyDeleteI love you Hayden, and I love that you are now a blogger!! Check mine out, dude! bejoyruss.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete