Saturday, April 16, 2011

Treat Her Like A Princess

This week rocked. We had our old roommate Preston Hill come up from Colorado and spend the week with us. We really miss him. A lot. We basically just kinda had some fun and played just like we always did but this time Preston was with us, just like old times. We drove down into Salt Lake City to show Preston and Tony (our new roommate) around a little bit. We went to the Gateway, the Capitol, and The Pie. So good. If you haven't been there, google it and go. It's delicious. Anyway, now to the point of my story.

I like feeling like a gentlemen. I like driving girls around when they need to go run errands, or run to the store. I like being able to pay for girls when it's something small, and occasionally the big things too. This trip the girl that I was paying for was Becca Campbell. She is definitely one of my very best girl friends and I love being with her. When we got to the Pie I realized that I didn't have any cash on me, so Becca and I left to go run to an ATM. She wanted to come with me to get cash but I wasn't about to let her get any, her dinner was on me tonight. As we were walking back to the Pie Becca commented on the fact that I wouldn't let her pay. I thought about it for a minute and soon it made sense. Here's what I think: Sometimes you'll hear guys say they don't want to go on dates because they don't want to put money into some other guy's wife. I think just the opposite. I want to spend money on other dudes' wives because that's how I want my future wife to be being treated. Like the Princess that I know she is. So it doesn't matter to me that I'm spending money on a girl because some cool dude out there is spending money on whovever my future wife is.

Seriously though. I wasn't expecting anything at the end of the night from Becca. I didn't ever consider that once the whole time that we were hanging out. I was doing it because 1) I love her and I want her to feel special because she is 2) If I do marry her, I'm ahead of the game a little bit because she already knows how I want to treat her and 3) I want my wife to have stories like this for me when I finally meet her. I want her to feel special by some guys, but especially me. I want my wife to have been treated the best that she possible could have been. Not pushed around, or dumped, or treated like crap. I want her to be surrounded by the "nice" guys because let's be honest here, they make the best husbands. We all know it. So guys, next time your hanging out with a group of friends be the gentlemen and pay for one of your lady friends, they'll appreciate it and eventually their future husband will too. And ladies, let the guys be gentlemen. Chivalry is not dead. I'm convinced of it. So just remember to Treat Her Like A Princess because that's how you want your wife to feel too.

Signing Out,
Hayden

5 comments:

  1. I officially love you. What a great post! You are such a gentleman! I had never thought of it like that. Setting the bar high Hayden! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. #mademethink. @topherloftus you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this. alot. that is all. Way to be, Hayden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through Marisa's blog. (she is my cousin). I think that you should be a writer! Your writing is brilliant.
    And I would just like to thank you for this post. I appreciate guys like you! There's not many in Alaska, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mallory-
    Thank you so much!! I've actually never even considered becoming a writer before but i'll think about it now for sure! I'm glad you liked it. There are always nice guys like me out there, sometimes you just have to dig deep to find them.

    ReplyDelete